For all of you trying to find the best Peanut Butter Sundae Sauce EVER!!!! Here you go. I tried the recipe with the water base (in my search for this sauce peanut butter craving) and it did not come close at all. I did my own lab test and this one comes closest to tasting just like Friendly’s Restaurant.
This does not make very much if you want some for leftovers…so double or triple the recipe. You might want to cut down on the sugar if the peanut butter is sweet to start with…I did not fully fill the 1/4 cup and it was still plenty sweet! Most of the recipes asked you to add the peanut butter to the heat mixture, but when I did that…it took the grainy texture and color away. It turned it dark and paste like.
P.S. serving amount depends on how much you want to share… 😉
- Yield: 2 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream ( you can use half and half)
- 1/4 cup sugar ( I used 3 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( I used 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients (except peanut butter) in a saucepan stirring constantly until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool completely then add the peanut butter and stir well.
- It will look like a mess, but keep stirring and it will turn out smooth and still have the grain texture…just like Friendly’s!