Sweet, ripe mango and aromatic fresh dill are the surprises in this easy shrimp salad adapted from Epicurious. It’s an elegant first course for a warm-weather dinner party or a summer luncheon outside on the terrace.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt
- Hot sauce
- 12 Little Gem or butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Place the sugar in a small bowl, add the vinegar, and stir to dissolve. Whisk in the mustard and mayo. Cover tightly and set aside in the fridge to chill, at least 20 minutes and as long as overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, mango, shrimp, dill, and a big pinch of salt in large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and season with hot sauce and additional salt, if needed.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on chilled serving plates, top with the shrimp salad, and serve.