This recipe is very rich and delicious. It’s guaranteed to get your whole family to the table.
- Yields: Serves 12
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 2 hours
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 2 cups milk
- nonstick cooking spray hot water
- 2 tbsp coffee or espresso
- 10 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 1-lb loaf cinnamon swirl bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, tear bread into pieces and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup cream, sugar and salt, cook over medium heat until it boils, stirring occassionally. Add dark chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, yolks and milk until combined. Whisk the dark chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until well blended. Pour the chocolate mixture over the bread, then stir mixture and press down on bread with the back of the spoon to help the bread absorb the liquid. Let sit for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 11×7 baking dish and pour bread mixture into baking pan. Place baking dish into a 13×9 baking dish. Fill the larger pan with enough hot water to fill dish 1 inch up the side, Bake for 1 hour, remove from oven. Take the baking dish out of the water and let cool on wire rack.
- While pudding cools, heat 3/4 cup cream and coffee until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and add white chocolate chips. Let sit 5 minutes and whisk until smooth.
- To serve, cut bread pudding into pieces and pour sauce over the top.