This dish is absolutely delicious, and healthy.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Medium
- Total: 1 hour
- Active: 20 minutes
- 1.5 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 cup lentils
- 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mango powder (optional)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch Collard Greens, chopped
- Basmati Rice
- Cover lentils with 2 cups of water, and boil 30 minutes, or until cooked.
Meanwhile, sautee the onion, garlic, and ginger in the ghee.
When the onion is soft, add the sliced carrots, and sautee for 5 minutes.
Add the spices, canned tomatoes, chopped collard greens and cooked lentils. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until collard greens are done. You may need to add a little water if there isn’t enough in the canned tomatoes.