A little smoky, a little sweet, and a little tangy, this cornbread will be a great addition to your chili or hearty stew.
The cream-style corn and sour cream provide moisture to the cornbread, also lending a dash of tang. Use cooking spray, butter, or shortening to grease the casserole dish.
See also our classic corn bread recipe.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 55 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes butter with olive oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large Eggland’s Best eggs, beaten
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream-style corn, undrained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all the ingredients, except muffin mix, in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the muffin mix and stir just until moistened.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with additional smoked paprika, if desired.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until the center is puffed and the edges are lightly browned.