I was inspired by the Stuffed French Toast episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
- Difficulty: Medium
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate ganache
- Pinch of salt
- Spread 2 tbsp of the chocolate ganache on a slice of bread. Top with a second slice. Repeat the process for the remaining pieces of bread.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt in a large baking pan. Place the “sandwiches” in the baking pan, and turn to coat evenly. Let bread sit in the mixture for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add 2 sandwiches to the pan and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes). Turn sandwiches over and cook additional 2 minutes. Transfer sandwiches to a baking sheet. Wipe the pan out with paper towels. Repeat the process with the remaining 2 tbsp butter, oil, and 2 sandwiches
- Bake the sandwiches in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Serve the French toast with maple syrup or creme anglaise.