There are no rules when it comes to topping nachos; just go for what you like. We like this cheese-chili–sour cream combination, an upgrade to the classic standby, the cheese nachos.
Game plan: You’ll need to make the chili before you begin.
This recipe was featured as part of our Nacho Recipes photo gallery.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (14-ounce bag) tortilla chips
- 4 cups warm chili (see Game Plan note)
- 1 cup sour cream or crema
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Meanwhile, shred the cheese.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread about half of the tortilla chips on the baking sheet in an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the chips. Repeat with the remaining chips and cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and evenly top with the chili and sour cream or crema. Serve immediately.