I’m an ‘old cook’ – my recipes come from past experiences and family. When my son was young I used Campbell Mushroom Soup on EVERYTHING! This recipe is based on that. Food Memories.
- Yield: 5 servings
- Total: 1 hour
- Active: 10 minutes
- Chicken Legs and Thighs – I had 5 large joined pieces
- Carrots, Onions & Celery – chopped in approximately 2 inch pieces – about a cup of each
- Campbell Mushroom Soup
- Salt, Pepper, Rosemary and Mrs Dash
- Fresh Garlic – minced – as much as you like
- Cut up raw veggies – put in bottom of 9×13 (or appropriate size) pyrex dish
- Place chicken on top of veggies – Sprinkle dry seasonings generously over top
- Cover with foil – Place in oven at 400 degrees – Cook about 30-40 minutes – Remove foil
- Mix can of Mushroom Soup with a can of water and as much minced garlic as you like to taste. Stir – pour over chicken – then rinse can out with about 1/2-3/4 can more water and pour that over chicken…. Cook roughly another 30 minutes – uncovered – remove quickly from pan unto a plate (there is ‘grease’ that comes off the meat) – use the base for gravy.