The Whiskey Sour gets a summertime upgrade with the refreshing additions of blueberry and basil. This cocktail is served at Le Grande in New York’s Time Hotel. Learn more about using herbs in cocktails.
- Yield: One Drink
- Total: 5 min
- Active: 5 min
- Small handful of blueberries & basil, muddled
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce maple syrup
- 1/2 ounce blueberry basil simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- Combine the muddled fruit and basil, bourbon, maple syrup, blueberry basil simple syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker is frosted.
- Strain into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a basil leaf.