Why would you want to eat slop, you may ask? Well, if you’re a losing contestant on Big Brother, you have no choice (and probably fondly recall the days of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the “Have-Nots”). But if you’re in the mood for an easy, no-frills oatmeal that contains all your essential protein, vitamins, and nutrients, try making a big batch of Big Brother Slop to carry you through the week. At least you get to garnish it any way you want to! And if you call it porridge, you may find it more appealing.
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 35 min
- Active: 25 min
- 3 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unflavored whey protein isolate
- 1/2 cup unflavored soy protein
- 4 teaspoons vitamin and mineral powder
- 12 cups water
- Bring 12 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Stir in oats and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and oats are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 1 minute. Stir in each of the 3 powders until fully incorporated.