Basic butter gets upgraded thanks to fresh basil and flaky sea salt. Generously spread this butter on corn for a simple yet sophisticated dish that truly epitomizes summer. Make a double batch and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks—it’s great spread on toast or tossed with farro.
- 1/4 cup basil butter
- Total: 5 mins, plus corn-cooking time
- 3 large basil sprigs, stems removed
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Sweet corn, cooked as desired and left on the cob
- Sea salt (we recommend Maldon)
- Cut the basil into a fine chiffonade.
- In a small bowl, mash together the chopped basil and butter until well mixed (use a wooden spoon or flexible spatula).