This recipe is presented by Eggland’s Best.
You had us at bacon. Then you sealed the deal with fluffy, flaky crescent rolls melded into easy-to-eat muffin cups.
These tarts are a convenient grab-and-go breakfast idea during the busy workweek or an appetizer any time of day.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 35 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 5 teaspoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 large Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1/2 cup Colby cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add the Eggland’s Best eggs, cheese, green pepper, and onion.
- Separate the dough into eight triangles; press the triangles onto the bottom and up the sides of the greased muffin cups.
- Sprinkle half of the bacon into the cups.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bacon; top with the remaining bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 375ºF for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.