Author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone, likes to serve this drink as a summer refresher over ice in a tall glass. But we think it’s strong enough to use as a party punch and serve in 2-ounce portions over ice.
Game plan: The tea, sake, rum, and syrup can be combined ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator. Prior to serving, add ice and stir.
- Yield: 10 tall drinks or 20 to 30 shots
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 4 cups Basic Iced Tea, made with good-quality green tea and without simple syrup
- 1/2 cup filtered sake, such as Gekkeikan
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup Ginger Syrup
- Grated orange zest, for garnish
- Crystallized ginger, for garnish
- Combine iced tea, sake, rum, and syrup in a large pitcher with ice. Taste and add more syrup if desired.
- Pour into iced tea glasses over ice and sprinkle orange zest on top. Float a piece of crystallized ginger on top and serve.