Anisette is an anise-flavored liqueur that tastes somewhat like licorice. My family has been making it for years and prefer to drink it in espresso after dinner.
- Yield: 1 gallon
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 minutes
- Active: 20 minutes
- 1/2 gallon alcohol (Everclear)
- 1/2 gallon water
- 2 lbs superfine sugar
- 1 bottle anisette flavoring
- Pour 1/2 gallon of alcohol to 1 gallon empty jug. Add anisette flavoring.
- Pour sugar into saucepan with 1/2 gallon of water. Heat until sugar melts but do not boil. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour sugar/water mixture into the jug.If you want it stronger, do not add all of the water mixture.
- Put lid on jug and shake to mix. Keep jug in a cool, dark place. Let age for at least 10 minutes and enjoy!