This is a popular dessert here because it is so tasty and so easy! We recommend using homemade Amaretto with this recipe.
For more, see our basic chocolate mousse recipe.
- Yields: 6 servings
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces Ibarra Mexican chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla
- 2 teaspoons amaretto
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- In a blender, mix all ingredients except cream for 30 seconds.
- Heat cream until it just reaches the boiling point. With the blender running, pour in hot cream and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekins. Refrigerate until set, approximately 30 minutes.