Welcome to GreatistYou, a new social experiment where we see what happens when five people decide to change their health—and broadcast their journeys for everyone to see. Four goals, five contestants, and six weeks to crush said goals for the promise of a better life (oh, and $1,000!).
Our six weeks have officially come to an end and—spoiler alert!—everybody's a winner. Here's how every single one of our contestants crushed their goals.
- Brandon (@greatistbrandon) weighed in at 155.5 pounds, surpassing his goal weight of 156. Not only that but—thanks to you guys—Brandon was officially crowned Fan Favorite! Here's hoping those healthy habits stick around so he can reach his personal goal of 145.
- Jasmine (@greatistjasmine) went above and beyond—completing not just Whole30 but Whole32. And on a cruise, no less! She plans on incorporating everything she learned into her everyday life but is looking forward to reintroducing oatmeal and wine. We hear ya, Jasmine.
- All Darby and Adrienne's (@greatistdanda) hard work paid off. They killed their 10K—and looked good doing it. We loved seeing those big smiles at the finish line!
- Regina (@greatistregina) learned "an abundance of info in the last six weeks" and is the strongest she's ever been. As a final test, she sparred against her instructor, who passed her with flying colors. But even though she completed GreatistYou, Regina's not done. Her first Muay Thai fight is next Saturday—and you can bet we'll be watching.
- And, of course, we have to give a special thanks to our GreatistYou mentor, Jessi Kneeland (@greatistmentor), who inspired all our contestants and kept them motivated over the entire competition.
And stay tuned! Over the next two weeks, our contestants will share their journeys and talk about life after GreatistYou. Plus look out for a special video guest appearance from Jessi!