This tasty, simple, and satisfying meal makes the perfect weeknight dinner for easy entertaining. Along with being a taste-bud pleaser, this blend of shrimp, quinoa, and onions is a great source of high-quality protein and potassium, which is always a plus!
Zesty Shrimp and Quinoa
What You’ll Need:
1 cup raw shrimp (fresh or frozen and defrosted) 1 cup quinoa 1 red onion, thinly sliced ½ teaspoon pepper 1 clove garlic, finely minced ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce ¼ cup balsamic vinegar 2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
What To Do:
1. Make the sauce: In a medium sized bowl, combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic, and hot sauce (if using). Stir until well blended and set aside.
2. Make quinoa: Combine 1 cup dry quinoa and 1 3/4 cup water in a pot. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. While quinoa is cooking, begin cooking the shrimp: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and onions to pan.
3. When the shrimp begin to turn pink, add the sauce to the pan and continue to cook, stirring frequently.
4. When shrimp is cooked through, add quinoa to the pan, and stir until well combined. Top with a drizzle of soy sauce or a squeeze of lime, and enjoy!