Recipe: Smoked Salmon & Egg Tortilla
Jump-start your morning with this high-protein duo of smoked salmon and eggs. Served over a hearty whole wheat tortilla and paired with fresh avocado and alfalfa sprouts, this is one breakfast that is as healthy as it is delicious. Here’s to starting that day off right!
What You’ll Need:
2 whole wheat tortillas
6 slices of smoked salmon
1 sliced avocado
2 handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Warm up the tortillas for a few minutes in the toaster oven. (No toaster oven? About 45 seconds in the microwave is just fine.)
- Place three slices of smoked salmon on top of each warmed tortilla.
- Layer on the sliced avocado and a handful of alfalfa sprouts.
- Fry up four eggs total, two per serving, (recommended over easy to medium so the yolk is still a bit runny). Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once eggs are cooked, place on top of the alfalfa sprouts, and break open the yolks. Heat lovers, add a dash of hot sauce for a zesty addition! Enjoy!
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.