Want to lose the love of your life? Didn’t think so. Avoid these bad habits that could harm a happy relationship.
Recipe: Healthy Turkey Chili
Football season is not exactly the healthiest time of year (think battered wings soaked in sauce or chili with extra-buttery cornbread). This leaner version of a game day classic offers the flavor of wings and heartiness of chili, minus all that fried breading and fatty beef— and in under 30 minutes.
Recipe: Healthy Buffalo-Style Turkey Chili
Serves 4, adapted from Everyday Rachael Ray
What You'll Need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ lbs ground turkey
3 large carrots
5 to 6 stalks of celery
4 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
2 rounded tablespoons of canned chipotle chilis (in adobo)
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1 ½ cups chicken stock
2 cups blue corn tortilla chips (optional)
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the meat.
2. While browning meat, chop the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic, and add the vegetables to the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
3. Finely chop the chilis and combine chipotle sauce and chilis with tomato sauce.
4. Add the tomato sauce and broth to the meat and vegetable and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
5. Optional: Transfer chili to a casserole dish, turn on broiler, and top with chips and cheese. Broil a couple minutes until the cheese melts and serve.