14 Resources for the Ultimate Spring Break
It’s time to ditch the textbooks and break out the tank tops, bathing suits, and, yes, martini shakers. Whether your Spring Break plans involve heading to an exotic island or partying it up somewhere closer to home, we’ve got ideas for making your week fitter, healthier, and happier. Read on for Greatist’s tips on everything Spring Break, from boozing safely, to avoiding a sunburn, to eating healthy while traveling. So get out there and have some fun!
1. Plane Travel the Healthy Way [Infographic] Avoid illness, eat well, stay hydrated, and beat the dreaded jet lag with this all-inclusive guide to flying the Greatist way.
2. How to Travel Green for the Holidays For those more concerned about their environmental footprint than tan lines, take a look at this guide to eco-friendly traveling.
Healthier Eating & Boozing
3. 31 Healthier Store-Bought Snacks (Under 150 Calories) Don’t leave good eating habits at home! Snack smart on the road with these healthier prepackaged foods.
4. 22 Cheap and Easy Ways to Eat Healthy Hey, everyone’s gotta eat, even on vacation. Score some healthy meals with these tips for every diet and budget.
5. 60 Healthier Drinks for Boozing Alcoholic drinks are loaded with calories, sugar, and salt. Use these healthy strategies to sip smarter at the bar.
6. 13 Legit Ways to Stop a Hangover One too many margaritas can make for a rough morning. Skip the home remedies (hair of the dog, anyone?) and try one of these science-backed methods instead.
7. The Best and Worst Foods to Cure a Hangover Recuperate from a big night out with some of these vitamin-rich foods and drinks (hint: greasy brunch doesn’t make the cut).
Staying Fit on the Road
8. New Workout: Interval Training in the Pool Staying at a beach resort? Take advantage of all that free time and swim some laps. This interval workout challenges muscles and cardio endurance in no time!
9. The 17 Most Amazing Fitness Vacations Haven’t booked a trip yet? Consider soaking up some sun on a fitness vacay. These resorts, hotels, and retreats offer sweet fitness classes, yoga seminars, and active adventures around the world.
10. Yoga on the Road [Infographic] Traveling by bus or train? Find an aisle and squeeze in a few sun salutations to stay limber. Or try these poses in a hotel room for quick and easy stress relief.
11. Take It Easy: 21 Unexpected Low-Impact Workouts Rent a canoe, go for a walk, hit a few balls at the golf course, or sign up for a yoga class. A low-impact sweat sesh is a great way to maintain your fitness while still giving your body some well-deserved rest.
Staying Safe in the Sun
12. What Really Causes a Sunburn (and How to Treat It Fast!) Get the FAQ on UV with Greatist’s guide to preventing and treating sunburn.
13. Suncreen for Powerful Protection Step #1 to avoid the burn? Slathering on some SPF cream before hitting the beach.
14. 6 Food Groups That Will Protect You From the Sun Protect against burns (and the risk of skin cancer) from the inside out with these foods that block harmful rays.
What are you doing for Spring Break this year? Tell us in the comments below or tweet the author @SophBreene.
HEALTH SITE LIKE THIS.
Seriously, we cite every fact with a scientific study!
Once we put a Shake Weight to the test...
We help you find what healthy means to you.