These days, pizza has transcended the ranks of tomato sauce and mozzarella—the variations are endless. But the idea of a dessert pizza may still feel odd. This recipe is a vegan version, using a coconut-milk based chocolate cream sauce, fresh fruit, and a whole-grain crust. Because the ingredients are so pure, you can enjoy this recipe as a breakfast, snack, or dessert. (If you'd like a crispier base, you can toast or bake the tortilla before adding toppings.)
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 whole-grain tortilla
- 1 banana, sliced
- 6-10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried coconut flakes
- Open can of chilled coconut milk. Scoop hardened part of top into a bowl, and toss remaining liquid.
- Add agave, vanilla, and cocoa powder, and whisk until smooth.
- Spread mixture atop tortilla. Top with banana and strawberries. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.