Grant Tinsley, Ph.D., CSCS,*D, CISSN
Dr. Grant Tinsley is a tenured associate professor at Texas Tech University and the director of the Energy Balance & Body Composition Laboratory. He has published more than 75 peer-reviewed journal articles in intermittent fasting, body composition assessment, and sports nutrition. He is also a certified strength and conditioning specialist and a certified sports nutritionist.
- Oklahoma State University, BS
- Colorado State University, MS
- Baylor University, PhD
- Stanford University, Medical Statistics Certificate
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, with distinction (CSCS,*D)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (CISSN)
- Principal investigator for 13 externally supported research projects
- 2021 recipient of the National Strength and Conditioning Association Nutritional Research Achievement Award
- 2019 recipient of the Texas Tech University Alumni Association New Faculty Award
- 2018 recipient of the Best Paper Award from the European Journal of Sports Science
ABOUT OUR MEDICAL REVIEW PROCESS
Stumbling upon health and wellness tips is easy. It's non-stop,
everywhere. But knowing that you found vetted, trustworthy, and relevant
information? Absolute work. Greatist is here to make the journey easier.
We’re distilling health information into stories that make sense, so you
can focus on feeling your best as yourself.