Carissa Stephens, R.N., CCRN, CPN
Carissa Stephens is a pediatric nurse, with a special expertise in extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO). She is currently a nurse in a pediatric intensive care unit at Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas.
- College of Charleston, BA
- Roper Hospital School of Practical Nursing, LPN
- Excelsior College, ASN
- Capella University, BSN
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Daisy Award Recipient
- Nurse of the Year finalist
- Excellence in Action Recipient
ABOUT OUR MEDICAL REVIEW PROCESS
Stumbling upon health and wellness tips is easy. It's non-stop,
everywhere. But knowing that you found vetted, trustworthy, and relevant
information? Absolute work. Greatist is here to make the journey easier.
We’re distilling health information into stories that make sense, so you
can focus on feeling your best as yourself.