We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Greatist only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Rubbers. Penis socks. Jimmy hats. Your 75-cent insurance policy. Buckle up friends, it’s time to talk about condoms — flavored condoms to be specific.
Condoms aren’t just an awesome way to prevent an eggo from getting preggo. They’re also the only way to protect all genders from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). This includes an array of unpleasant diseases you can catch from oral sex.
Flavored condoms were invented to enhance your oral sex experience while keeping you safe.
Here’s why they’re a great option.
Oral sex comes in a variety pack: cunnilingus (vagina), fellatio (penis), and anilingus (rectum).
Are you into next-gen oral positions like the Saddle Straddle? (Yes, this is a real thing.) Or maybe you keep it classic with 69ing or one-on-one. Regardless of how you get your rocks off, you should always wear protection.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), STIs have been on the rise over the last few years. In 2018, 1.8 million cases of chlamydia, 583,405 cases of gonorrhea, and 115,045 cases of syphilis were reported in the U.S.
Condoms help cockblock harmful STIs such as:
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- trichomoniasis, which is caused by a parasite
Those are rookie numbers. That’s because a lot of people think you can’t get STIs from oral. They’re wrong. Play it smart and wear a flavored condom while owning your BJ game.
Size doesn’t matter when it comes to sexual prowess, but it definitely matters when it comes to condoms. You need to know which condoms are the right fit for your johnson.
Be friendly to your phallus and give your 🍆 a fashion show. Try out different sizes, textures, and materials until you find your safety soulmate. Once you’ve met your match, you can enjoy sexy time without the added fear of slippage and/or rippage.
While flavored condoms are very similar to regular condoms, there are a few things to note. A lot of flavored condoms are made of latex. If you have a latex allergy, always go for an alternative, like lambskin or polyurethane condoms.
And save the flavors for oral only. The added flavorings and sugary coating may increase risk of a vaginal yeast infection.
Just the tips: How to use a flavored condom
- Always make sure the condom fits securely and comfortably over the “D.”
- Double check the expiration date. If you’re a “Friends” fan, you know how Ross and Rachel wound up with baby Emma.
- Do a taste test! Have your partner try the flavor before the action begins.
- Use a new condom every time you get it on. That means putting on a new rubber while transitioning from oral to penetrative sex, even if ejaculation didn’t occur.
- Make sure your lube is safe to use with condoms. Certain lubricants can break down the condom, leading to a tear.
If you don’t want to give flavored condoms a whirl, you still have options. Dental dams are flexible, thin pieces of latex that shield direct mouth-to-genital or mouth-to-rectum contact.
You can also add flavored lube to a dental dam or classic condom for a sweeter experience.
Remember fam, STI prevention starts with taking ownership of your health. Great sex should always come with respect. Encourage new partners to get screened before taking them to bed. If someone refuses to get tested, you shouldn’t be sleeping with that person.
Your health should reign supreme, always. If you’re getting it on, get tested on the regular. And while you’re at the clinic, ask for some free condoms. Most of the time they’ll give you some freebies.
Here are some products designed to zest up your love sesh.
- Red Tartan McCondoms taste like scotch. For once, “whiskey d*ck” isn’t a negative!
- Blueberry Blast Flavored Condoms taste like pie. How wholesome is that?
- Ward off vampires at the same time with these garlic condoms.
- Aloe Cadabra is a water based lube that is made from organic aloe vera. It comes in vanilla, peppermint, flavorless, or piña colada (which is their top seller).
- LifeStyles Skyn Cocktail Club is a box of condoms inspired by classic cocktails including piña colada, cherry sunrise, and passion daiquiri.
- Sheer Glyde Dental Dams are an alternative to condoms and come in a variety of flavors like wildberry, strawberry, spearmint, and vanilla. An added perk is that they’re ethically sourced and vegan!
- This 100 pack carrier box of flavored dental dams leaves little room for boredom.
- Jo H2O Personal Lubricant creates a luscious chocolate experience according to reviewers. And don’t worry, it’s clear-colored, not brown.
- With watermelon lube, it can feel like summer all year.
And as a friendly tip, clear your Amazon browsing history if you share a Prime account with your mom.