Inspired by a recipe Chef David Chang created for Momofuku, this simple mixture takes rich butter and umami-laden white miso and combines them for a savory topping perfect for corn on the cob. Miso replaces the need for salt here, and is a great balance to the sweet corn. If you have any left over, try sautéing scallops in this versatile butter.
- Yield: 1/2 cup white miso butter
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins, plus corn-cooking time
- 1/4 cup shiro (white) miso
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Sweet corn, cooked as desired and left on the cob
- In a small bowl, mash together the miso and butter until well mixed (use a wooden spoon or flexible spatula).
- Paint the corn with the softened miso butter and serve.