A drink inspired by Elizabeth McCord from the CBS series Madam Secretary, this combines aromatic lavender syrup, raspberry sorbetto, and sparkling wine. It’s the perfect cocktail for an elegant afternoon party, brunch buffet, or to mark an occasion (think Mother’s Day, Easter, graduation, a birthday or anniversary…). Feel free to swap out the sorbetto flavor—try peach, strawberry, or plum. Serve this drink in a classic wide-mouth coupe glass, traditional for Champagne.
For more, check out our French 75, Champagne Cocktail, and The Academy Sparkler. Learn how to open a Champagne bottle too.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Total: 5 mins
- Active: 5 mins
For the lavender simple syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lavender
For the drink:
- 1 small scoop raspberry sorbetto
- 2 teaspoons lavender simple syrup
- Chilled sparkling wine
- Lavender sprig, for garnishing
To make the lavender simple syrup:
- Place sugar, water, and lavender in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved and syrup is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer syrup to a container with a tightfitting lid, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the drink:
- Drop a scoop of the sorbetto in a chilled coupe glass. Add the lavender simple syrup.
- Pour enough sparkling wine over the sorbetto to fill the glass. Garnish with lavender and serve.