Like classic Vietnamese iced coffee, this frozen pop contains strong brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk. It’s a caffeinated treat that’s not recommended for the kiddies!
Special equipment: You will need freezer pop molds for this recipe. If yours don’t come with sticks that attach securely, you can buy wooden sticks and insert them about 1 1/2 hours into the freezing time.
This recipe was featured as part of our 7 Ice Pops That Break the Mold.
- Yield: About 6 (4-ounce) ice pops
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins, plus at least 8 hrs chilling and freezing time
- 3/4 cup strong French roast coffee grounds, such as Café Du Monde, Cafe’de Paris, or Trung Nguyen
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Brew the coffee with the measured water. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of brewed coffee.
- Place the hot coffee and condensed milk in a measuring cup or a large heatproof bowl with a spout and whisk until evenly combined. Whisk in the cream, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Whisk the mixture again and divide among the pop molds. Freeze until solid, at least 6 hours.