Not your common bowl of sliced fruit, this salad combines the best of the tropics (mango, papaya, and banana), tossed with cacao nibs and toasted hazelnuts for added crunch and a slight bitterness to offset the sweet fruit. We recommend serving for breakfast with our easy French Toast recipe.
What to buy: Cacao nibs are the roasted nut of the cacao bean with the hull removed. They are bitter and nutty, and can be found at health food stores and online.
Solo papayas are small papayas that have greenish-yellow skin and pink flesh. They are also called strawberry, Hawaiian, or sunrise papayas.
This recipe was featured as part of our Supercharge with Superfoods photo gallery.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 cup banana, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices (from about 1 medium banana)
- 1 cup kiwi, peeled and cut into medium dice (from about 3 medium kiwis)
- 1 cup mango, peeled and cut into medium dice (from about 1 medium mango)
- 1 1/2 cups solo papaya, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into medium dice (from about 1 medium papaya)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix to combine. Serve immediately.