This Prohibition-era cocktail is equal parts herbaceous Chartreuse, gin, sweet maraschino liqueur, and sour lime juice. It’s complex, balanced, and totally satisfying.
What to buy: Maraschino liqueur is a relatively dry liqueur with a subtle bitter-almond flavor; it can be found at any well-stocked liquor store.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 3/4 ounce gin
- 3/4 ounce green Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- Place the gin, Chartreuse, lime juice, and maraschino liqueur in a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain into the chilled glass.