Philip Ward of Death & Co on New York’s Lower East Side concocted this addictive punch. Mix up a batch for your next party, but be forewarned: A few too many cups will leave you feeling like you’ve been struck by lightning!
- Yield: 8 – 10 drinks
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 36 sugar cubes
- 3 1/3 cups soda water
- 2 1/3 cups applejack, such as Laird’s
- 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups Tea-Infused Vermouth
- 36 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 6 cups ice
- Apple slices and cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Combine sugar cubes and 1 cup of the soda water in a large bowl and muddle until the sugar breaks up. Add applejack, lemon juice, vermouth, bitters, and ice and stir to chill.
- Strain over a large block of ice into a punch bowl. Add remaining soda water, and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.