This fortified wine cocktail with deep caramel flavors is a twist on the Adonis cocktail, which usually uses fino sherry and sweet vermouth. Here, we stir together rich cream sherry, both dry and sweet vermouths, and some orange bitters, then garnish with an orange twist.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 ounce cream sherry (a.k.a. oloroso sherry)
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, such as Carpano Antica
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- Place the sherry, vermouths, and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Stir briskly with a barspoon until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into the chilled glass. Garnish with the orange twist.