Reminiscent of Catalina dressing, this sweet-and-tangy salad dressing has a perfect balance of vinegar, ketchup, and lemon juice. Just whisk all of the ingredients together and use the dressing as a dip for vegetables, for a barbecue-esque chicken marinade, or drizzle it on a chicken taco salad.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 6 dashes Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
Place all of the measured ingredients except the oil in a large, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking continuously, until all of it is incorporated. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.