Like pasta sauce in a spread, this combo of tomato and basil is really versatile, but it tastes especially great with cured meats, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, grilled or roasted vegetables, or layered on a turkey sandwich.
This recipe was featured as part of our Sandwich Spreads photo gallery.
- Yields: 1 1/2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 5 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Torn fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and pulse 3 to 4 times.
- Add the ricotta, vinegar, a few of the basil leaves, and pepper to taste and pulse until a coarse paste forms.