Made from nothing more than sweetened condensed milk and very strong coffee, Southeast Asian coffee is a force to be reckoned with. Spike it with some coffee liqueur and freeze it, and you’ve got an adult take on frozen pops that are a great late-night treat at a cocktail party or any other time you want to get down.
What to buy: Silicone ice cube trays are key to easily unmolding the shots.
- Yields: 30 shots
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins, plus freezing time
- 16 double espresso shots (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlúa
- Combine espresso, milk, and liqueur in a large bowl and whisk until milk is evenly incorporated.
- Pour mixture into silicone ice cube trays and freeze 3 to 4 hours. Place toothpicks in the partially set shots and let freeze completely, at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, unmold the shots and consume immediately.