In this spicy Sriracha ceviche recipe adapted from The Sriracha Cookbook, fresh scallops, tilapia, and halibut cure in lime juice, then get tossed with corn, cucumber, tomato, and onion.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: About 3 hrs
- Active: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed seafood, such as scallops, tilapia, and halibut, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 ear fresh corn on the cob, kernels only
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced, for garnishing
- In a medium bowl, combine the seafood and lime juice; stir to combine. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until the flesh becomes firm and opaque, about 2 hours.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, corn, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, oil, Sriracha, and tomato juice, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in chilled bowls, garnished with sliced avocado and cilantro.