Crunchy and spicy are the two things I love most in food. These baked chickpeas are both, plus a tasty and healthy snack. Just toss them with a little olive oil and some spices, then roast in the oven until crunchy. They’ll stay crispy for a few days stored in a resealable bag at room temperature.
- WHAT TO BUYNordic Ware Natural Aluminum Half Sheet Baking Pans, 2 for $16.99 on AmazonThese rust-proof, rimmed baking pans are perfect for roasting all sorts of things (and for baking cookies, of course).See It ›
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 mins
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes.