Whether you are in the car or watching a movie, this snack is a great alternative to chips and crackers. The honey-wheat pretzels add a touch of sweetness, while the cashews and peanuts combine in perfect nutty, salty goodness.
Game plan: This snack mix will last up to 14 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Yield: 10 cups (about 6 servings)
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 25 mins
- Active: 5 mins
- 4 cups corn cereal, such as Corn Chex
- 4 cups rice cereal, such as Rice Chex
- 2 cups honey-wheat pretzel sticks broken into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Mix together cereal, pretzel sticks, cashews, and peanuts in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until coated. Scatter snack mix evenly on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted and browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before storing in a resealable plastic bag.