Don’t let smoky Scotch scare you away from this drink—we use just a dash of the peaty stuff in this warming cup of cider (sort of like you’d use absinthe in a rinse). The bulk of the booze is a not-so-peaty whisky, to keep the overall drink balanced. Drink it as a nightcap, paired with a classic dessert like our fresh apple pie.
This cocktail was featured as part of our Hot Boozy Drinks recipe gallery.
- Yield: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-by-2-inch) lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons single-malt, not-heavily-peated Scotch whisky, such as Glenlivet
- 1/4 teaspoon heavily peated Scotch whisky, such as Laphroaig
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the apple cider, honey, cinnamon stick, and lemon peel in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the honey has melted and the cinnamon is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add both Scotches and the lemon juice, and stir to combine. Transfer to a heatproof glass and garnish with the cinnamon stick and lemon peel.