My mom’s slow cooker chocolate cake is a straightforward recipe that’s a great way to introduce little ones to cooking. I measured out all of the ingredients, and then had my daughter do all the mixing. Serve Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with this cake for dessert, and there you have it: an easy, kid-friendly menu. Note: You’ll need a medium-sized, 3.5-quart, slow cooker for this recipe. If you use a large, 7-quart, slow cooker the edges tend to burn.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 3 hrs 5 mins
- Active: 15 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the slow cooker, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Heat the butter until just melted, then add it to the milk. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Pour it into the slow cooker.
- Mix until everything is combined, making sure that there is no more dry mixture left. Spread the batter evenly in the crock.
- Plug in the slow cooker and cook on high for two to two and a half hours.
- When you remove the lid, be sure not to let the condensation drip onto the cake.
- Turn off the heat and let the cake sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.