For these easy quick-pickled jalapeños, sliced chiles combine with white vinegar, water, sugar, and salt, with a few black peppercorns for extra flavor.
We also recommend our classic, easy pickly recipe using cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, cauliflower, green beans, and okra.
- Yield: 1 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins plus 24 hours steeping time
- Active: 10 mins
- 6 ounces jalapeños
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- A few black peppercorns
- Slice the jalapeños and place in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and peppercorns. Bring to the boil over medium heat, making sure the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Pour the pickle brine over the jalapeños in the jar. Leave at room temperature until cooled, about 1 hour. Cover tightly and refrigerate.