Who says milkshakes are only for summer? Not us! When you want a cool change from your favorite pumpkin spice latte, these fantastically autumnal treats are just the thing. In fact, they’re so good you should probably make a double batch. For an adult version, add a shot of bourbon to the blender before mixing. Just before you begin, make a half batch of Easy Whipped Cream.
Make-ahead note: Make up to 1 hour in advance, then freeze airtight; warm slightly while stirring before serving.
- Yield: 2 (12-ounce) milkshakes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 (14-ounce) tub super-premium vanilla ice cream (such as Häagen-Dazs), softened
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Easy Whipped Cream (recipe link in intro)
- Whirl together all ingredients (except the whipped cream) in a blender until smooth. Pour the shakes into 2 tall glasses.
- Top each with Easy Whipped Cream and an additional sprinkling of nutmeg.