Who says milkshakes are only for summer? Not us! When you want a cool change from your favorite pumpkin spice latte, these fantastically autumnal treats are just the thing. In fact, they’re so good you should probably make a double batch. For an adult version, add a shot of bourbon to the blender before mixing. Just before you begin, make a half batch of Easy Whipped Cream.
Make-ahead note: Make up to 1 hour in advance, then freeze airtight; warm slightly while stirring before serving.
For more cool milkshakes, check out our Chai Frozen Milkshakes, Stout Chocolate Malt, and Guinness Milkshake. And for more pumpkin treats, check out all the best of pumpkins on Chowhound.
- Yield: 2 (12-ounce) milkshakes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 1 (14-ounce) tub super-premium vanilla ice cream (such as Häagen-Dazs), softened
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Easy Whipped Cream (recipe link in intro)
- Whirl together all ingredients (except the whipped cream) in a blender until smooth. Pour the shakes into 2 tall glasses.
- Top each with Easy Whipped Cream and an additional sprinkling of nutmeg.