Poutine, Montreal’s beloved snack and late-night drunk food, gets the pulled pork treatment here. You start by cooking oven fries that—easily enough—you get from the freezer case, then topping with cheese curds and a mound of pulled pork. Ladle gravy over the top, pop the whole thing back in the oven briefly, just enough to melt the cheese, and you and your guests are ready to scarf. For a more leisurely, beefier version of this Canadian classic, check out our Poutine with Beef Gravy. And see more ways to use pulled pork beyond sandwiches.
Don’t forget you’ll need about 1/3 of our recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and a full recipe of our Simple Pan Gravy.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Total: 1 hr
- Active: 30 mins
- 32 ounces frozen crinkle-cut fries
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3/4 cup cheese curds
- 16 ounces warm Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (recipe link in intro)
- 1 1/4 cups hot Simple Pan Gravy (recipe link in intro)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bake the French fries according to the package directions. Remove the fries when done but leave the oven on. Sprinkle the fries with kosher salt after baking and pile them onto an oven-safe serving platter.
- Top the fries with cheese curds, the warm pulled pork, and hot gravy. Pop the platter back in the oven until the curds melt, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve right away.