A rich, simple Mexican pork chicharron quesadilla recipe with Oaxaca, Asadero, Quesillo, or Monterey jack cheese and fresh corn tortillas.
- Yield: 4 small quesadillas
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 20 mins
- Active: 20 mins
- ¼ to ½ pound pork chicharron
- 4 fresh corn tortillas
- ½ pound Oaxaca, Asadero, Quesillo, or Monterey jack cheese, cut into cubes or torn into small pieces
- Chop the chicharron into small bits and heat in a frying pan on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove.
- Keep the pan on medium heat and add 1 corn tortilla to the pan. Add 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the chicharron.
- Fold the tortilla in half and let cook about 2 minutes.
- Flip the tortilla and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.