Skip the bun and wrap it up pigs-in-the-blanket style with this ridiculously easy yet whimsical jumbo-sized rendition. Just roll out store-bought pizza dough and cut it into strips that you use to spiral-wrap the hot dogs. Bake and serve with beer and caraway seed mustard, spicy yellow mustard, or whole grain dijon mustard.
If you’d like to make your own pizza dough, you’ll need two-thirds of our recipe for Basic Pizza Dough.
- Yield: 10 dough dogs
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- 1 package store-bought pizza dough
- 1 (10-pack) hot dogs (or thin sausage links if you prefer)
- Mustard, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the pizza dough out to a 1/2-inch thickness, then cut it into 10 strips that are each a 1/2 inch wide and 10 inches long.
- Take a strip of dough and wrap a hot dog starting at one end, tucking the dough in on itself to secure it. Repeat with each dough strip and hot dog.
- Bake until puffed and brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with mustard.