Usually found in candies and ice cream, this classic pairing here becomes ganache that can be eaten as is or used to stuff caramel apples.
Game plan: This ganache can also be used as a tart filling (pour the just-made mixture into a baked tart shell), or turned into truffles (let the ganache set up, scoop it out with a melon baller, and roll in cocoa powder).
- Yield: 1 cup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 10 mins
- Active: 10 mins
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate and peanut butter in a small heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine cream and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Pour cream over chocolate mixture and let sit until chocolate is mostly melted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Use as desired.