The acidity of mignonette sauce unlocks the bright flavors of fresh, briny oysters. Topping off the sauce with Prosecco adds a hint of sweetness—and some bubbles, of course.
Learn how to shuck oysters here, or check out this video.
This dish was featured as part of our Valentine’s Day All-Star Recipes.
- Yield: 12 oysters
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (from about 1/2 medium shallot)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Prosecco or dry sparkling wine, chilled
- 12 freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
Place the vinegar, shallots, salt, and pepper in a small, nonreactive bowl and stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld. Just before serving, add the Prosecco or sparkling wine. Spoon the mignonette onto the oysters and serve.