This versatile marinade, loaded with oregano and thyme, gives a refreshing note to everything it coats. We use it on both our Grilled Greek Salad and our Oregano-Marinated Grilled Chicken with Charred Lemons.
See more marinade recipes for chicken if you’re out of herbs.
- Yields: About 1 1/4 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15 mins
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh oregano (leaves and tender stems only)
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved again
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process on high until smooth, about 1 minute. Use immediately or refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 1 day.