Start your day off right with this stiff, ethereal cocktail.
- Yields: 1 drink
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 1 1/2 ounces Scotch whisky, preferably a blend like Dewar’s, not a single malt
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Rich Simple Syrup
- 1/4 ounce absinthe or pastis
- 1 large egg white
- 2 ounces seltzer water, chilled
- Place all ingredients except ice and seltzer water in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake well for 20 to 30 seconds to get a good foam from the egg. Strain into a highball glass and top with seltzer.