For this Mexican breakfast torta, scrambled eggs and chorizo are piled onto toasted rolls with sliced avocado, refried beans, sour cream, and green and red salsas.
- Yields: 2 sandwiches
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 30 mins
- Active: 30 mins
- 2 torta rolls
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound ground chorizo
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can refried pinto beans, heated
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Sour cream
- Green salsa (recipe link in intro)
- Red salsa (recipe link in intro)
- Sliced jalapeño peppers, for garnishing
- Chopped onion, for garnishing
- Turn on the broiler. Cut the rolls in half and broil for 30 seconds on each side to toast. Press down to flatten. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet and cook the chorizo on medium high until done. Crack in the 4 eggs and break up the yolks stirring through the chorizo until eggs are done. Set aside.
- Spread refried beans onto each piece of bread. Sprinkle queso fresco on top and place back in broiler until cheese is melted. Remove and top with the egg-chorizo mixture and avocado slices. Top with the two salsas and sour cream. Sprinkle with jalapeño slices and chopped onion.