Packed with the flavors of fall, this compound butter improves anything it tops. It’s a natural on baked sweet potatoes or pancakes, but it also holds its own on a seared pork chop or a late-night snack of cinnamon toast.
- Yields: 1 stick (6 to 8 servings)
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: Under 5 mins
- Active: Under 5 mins
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/16 teaspoon ground clove
Place 8 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (1 stick) in a medium bowl and mash with a spatula until spreadable. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon dark (a.k.a. robust) molasses, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1/16 teaspoon ground clove and stir to combine.